Adventure Cycling Home Page
Latest Blog Posts
- June 19, 2013
- Summer Cycling Auction: Deals and Steals
The 2013 Summer Cycling Auction has been running for three days now and though the bidding has been going strong, there are still a lot of great bidding prices out there.
- June 19, 2013
- Look Who Came for a Visit
Ginny Sullivan and the Adventure Cycling staff were honored with a visit from a group of cyclists that also volunteer for the Virgnia Bicycliing Federation. Long time supporters of the U.S. Bicycle Route System and the Adventure Cycling routes running through Virgnia, it was a treat to see this group in Missoula.
See more posts on the blog.
Homepage - Adventure Cycling in the News
- June 18, 2013
- Ride your bicycle from Pittsburgh to Washington, D.C.
- It took 30 years and $80 million or so, but the final stretch of the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) has reached downtown Pittsburgh. The final segment of the trail — from Homestead, Pa., to Pittsburgh — opened to fanfare on Saturday, completing a 150-mile route that links to the C&O Canal Towpath in Cumberland, Md. The C&O towpath continues another 185 miles into Washington, D.C.
- June 13, 2013
- Adventure Cycling raises $128k for bike route system
- MISSOULA, MT (BRAIN) — The Adventure Cycling Association raised more than $128,000 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System through a campaign held last month. The USBRS is a developing national network of bike routes that will eventually link urban, suburban, and rural areas using a variety of bike-friendly corridors. To date, 5,616 miles of the system have been designated.
- June 11, 2013
- Finding The Right Bike Tour For You
- For me, the only thing better than visiting a new place is seeing it for the first time from a bike saddle. As a cycling fanatic, most of my trips involve a bicycle in one way or another. Whenever I'm heading to a new place, the first place I try to hit is a bike shop, whether it's to rent a bike or just get recommendations for local routes. For the past few years, my bicycle has been a central part of my travel plans, whether it's traveling to a far away city for a massive charity bike tour or renting a house and pedaling in every direction for a week.
- June 13, 2013
- Adventure Cycling Campaign Raises Over $128,000 for U.S. Bicycle Route System
Missoula, Montana — Adventure Cycling Association's fourth annual Build It. Bike It. Be a Part of It. campaign raised more than $128,000 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System (USBRS) during National Bike Month (May 2013). “We greatly appreciate the support of our members, donors, and other cyclists,” said Development Director Amanda Lipsey. “These funds will help us work side by side with more volunteers in more states to expand the U.S. Bicycle Route System in 2014.”
- June 14, 2012
- 3rd Annual Fundraiser Raises more than $50,000 for U.S. Bicycle Route System
Missoula, Montana — Adventure Cycling Association's third annual Build It. Bike It. Be a Part of It. campaign raised more than $50,000 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System (USBRS) during National Bike Month (May 2012). Using a combination of social media tools and traditional fundraising methods, engaging a group of volunteer fundraisers, and leveraging funds from a diverse roster of business sponsors and community organizations, campaign organizers reached out to cyclists across America to inspire support for the creation of an official national bike-route network.
Adventure Cycling Association depends on a highly productive and creative staff to accomplish the multifaceted programming and services that we offer in support of America's traveling cyclists.
- Tours Specialist
- Adventure Cycling Association seeks a well-organized, energetic, detail-oriented and outgoing individual to join its Tours team, which plans, sells and manages more than 70 different bicycle tours and instructional courses annually. This inside sales and customer service position is a great opportunity to help promote bicycling and bicycle travel.
- Read More
- Web Developer - Systems Analyst
- Adventure Cycling Association seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Web Developer/Systems Analyst to develop, administer and support the organization's outward-facing web sites and IT infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity for someone who enjoys programming and working in an open, friendly environment - and if you ride a bicycle, that’s a definite plus.
- Read More
About Adventure Cycling Association
As a nonprofit organization, Adventure Cycling Association's mission is to inspire and empower people to travel by bicycle. Established in 1973 as Bikecentennial, we are the premier bicycle-travel organization in North America with more than 35 years of experience and 46,500 members.
New to Adventure Cycling? Get a free info packet and we'll throw in a cool tube sticker too!