Adventure Cycling Home Page
- May 24, 2016
- Build the USBRS with Surly
Surly Bikes offers a $1000 match challenge in Adventure Cycling's Build it. Bike it. Be a part of it. campaign to grow the U.S. Bicycle Route System (USBRS).
- May 23, 2016
- Follow the USBRS with OpenCycleMaps
What if there was an interactive, digital map of every bicycle route that has ever been established? Learn all about OpenCycleMap here ...
- May 22, 2016
- National Parks Package Looking for a Good Home
Donate now for the chance to win the National Parks Package: a Burley “Nomad” trailer, Road Holland jersey, and a National Park Service pass. And there are USBR 76 goodies for donating and a chance to win a Salsa Marrakesh touring bike.
- May 19, 2016
- Interview With Adventure Cycling Cartographer Nathan Taylor About The New Texas Hill Country Loop
I recently sat down with Adventure Cycling Cartographer Nathan Taylor to chat with him about the project that has been occupying his time for the past year, the development of Adventure Cycling’s exciting new Texas Hill Country Loop.
See more posts on the blog.
- May 18, 2016
- Adventure Cycling's National Bike Travel Weekend Tops 10,000 Participants in All 50 States
For early June: the biggest weekend of bicycle travel, celebrating 40 years of Adventure Cycling Association, surpasses 800 trips and 10,000 participants -- and the numbers are growing.
- April 3, 2016
- New GPS Data for TransAm -- America's Bicycle Route
Adventure Cycling’s original 4,228-mile cross-country route gets a digital update — modern data for the modern traveling cyclist on America’s Bicycle Route.
- February 26, 2016
- 4 Montana state parks will help efforts to cater to bicycling tourists
Bicycling campers will find areas constructed specifically for them at four western Montana state parks – Whitefish Lake, Wayfarers in Bigfork, and Placid Lake and Salmon Lake near Seeley Lake.
- November 13, 2015
- Enter to win and participate in an Adventure Cycling educational tour | Examiner.com
Adventure Cycling Association is now accepting submissions for the third annual Young Adult Bike Travel Scholarship program. This year, four winners will get the chance to participate in an Adventure Cycling educational course, win cool gear, and more.
- November 12, 2015
- Adventure Cycling to host National Bike Travel Weekend
Adventure Cycling Association invites people of all ages and abilities to join National Bike Travel Weekend: the largest-ever weekend of bicycle travel across America and Canada—June 3-5, 2016—by registering an overnight bike trip or joining an existing one.
- November 3, 2015
- Alex Strickland named editor-in-chief at Adventure Cyclist as Deme becomes executive editor | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
Alex Strickland named editor-in-chief at Adventure Cyclist as Deme becomes executive editor.
- October 23, 2015
- Cochise County key link in newly designated U.S. Bicycle Route 9 - Tucson News Now
On September 24, 2015, Arizona became part of the United States Cycling Route System, an interstate network of designated cycling routes spanning 11,424 miles of roadway in 23 states and the District of Columbia.
- October 16, 2015
- ADOT designates cross-state bike route - Mohave Daily News: News
It’s a special kind of person who considers several days of long-distance bicycling a vacation. So, the Arizona Department of Transportation designated a cross-state bicycle route that would make the vacations for special people, like Heitz and her friends, much more enjoyable.
- October 11, 2015
- U.S. Bike Route 10 officially opens - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News
Riding a bicycle from Oldtown to Clark Fork is now a reality following a ribbon cutting to kick off U.S. Bike Route 10 Friday afternoon.
- October 11, 2015
- Nickel Plate Trail joins national bike route from Canada - Kokomo Tribune: News
The Nickle Plate Trail, along with dozens of miles of roads in Howard and Tipton counties, has been designated to be part of a national bike route that runs from Canada to Kentucky.
- October 10, 2015
- Interstate bicycling route designated in Vermont : Times Argus Online
A national bicycling organization has designated a new trail starting from Pownal and continuing north to Canada as the first U.S. Bicycle Route in Vermont.
Adventure Cycling Association depends on a highly productive and creative staff to accomplish the multifaceted programming and services that we offer in support of America's traveling cyclists.
Join us for a yearlong 40th anniversary celebration, including bike overnights throughout North America, rides in national and state parks, and an extraordinary weekend celebration at our headquarters in Missoula, Montana. Click below for more info: