Bike Travel Weekend and Bike Your Park Day will be held on the same weekend this year, making it the biggest weekend for adventure cycling ever!
Bike Travel Weekend and Bike Your Park Day are do-it-yourself rides. Adventure Cycling encourages people throughout the world to get out and ride during the last weekend of September, whether it's an overnight bike adventure or a day ride through public lands. You choose the day (during or around the last weekend in September), who you go with, and where you go. You can create your own ride and experience or join a ride in your area that someone else created.
• Plan your favorite bike overnight or day ride in parks or public lands in your area and plan to go some time during the weekend of September 25 - 27, 2020.
• Register your ride and it will be added to Bike Travel Weekend and Bike Your Park Day map. Consider making your ride open for others to join when you create it. If your ride is not open to the public it will still be included on the map to provide inspiration for others and to be included as part of Bike Travel Weekend and Bike Your Park Day.
• If you’d rather not lead a ride but you want to join one being led by someone else, check out the rides in your area that are open to the public on the join a ride page. Click on the ride details page of the ride you’re interested in and sign up to join. Keep checking the join a ride page as more rides are being added to the map every day.
• You can also connect with a Bike Travel Weekend and Bike Your Park Day Advisor in your area to help you plan a ride.
• Everyone who leads a ride or joins a ride will be entered to win a Salsa Cutthroat bicycle. Ride leaders get an extra entry for each person who joins their ride, whether the ride is open to the public or not.
• Once you register to lead a ride or join a ride, Adventure Cycling will send you planning and promotional resources. You can look forward to riding on the same day as thousands of others-- and if you’re leading or joining a ride you'll get to meet other adventurers in your area.