Adventure Cycling Home Page
- August 28, 2014
- Cyclists Only Camping: Barn Bicycle Camping
The Barn Bicycle Camping area in the Methow Valley in Washington State is located on three of our mapped routes: the Northern Tier, Sierra Cascades and Washington Parks. The services they offer fall into our unique service category of Cyclists Only Camping.
- August 27, 2014
- Sign up for Bike Bits Today
Want to keep on top of the latest trends and events in bicycle travel? Subscribe to our Bike Bits e-newsletter that is emailed out twice a month.
See more posts on the blog.
Homepage - Adventure Cycling in the News
- July 31, 2014
- Portland cyclists stop at Missoula's Adventure Cycling during ride to other Portland (4,300 miles by bike) | OregonLive.com
- Portland pedalers Heather Rogue and James Folsom made the almost obligatory stop Monday at Adventure Cycling headquarters in Missoula, Mont.
- July 8, 2014
- Adventure Cycling fundraising campaign exceeds goal | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
- National Bike Month initiative raises $160,000 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System.
- May 27, 2014
- Thunder Island Brewing gets ready for summer with long-distance bike stories | OregonLive.com
- The stories are as interesting as the photographs on display at Thunder Island Brewing in Cascade Locks, in the traveling Bicycle Eclectic Portrait Exhibit. The black-and-white portraits of long-distance cyclists were made beginning in 1982, when Adventure Cycling co-founder Greg Siple began recording the parade of cycle-tourists dropping by his office in Missoula, Mont. That was the start of the National Bicycle Touring Portrait Collection.
- August 14, 2014
- Second Annual Bicycle Travel Video Contest Winners Announced
Missoula, Montana, August 14, 2014 — The winners have been chosen for Adventure Cycling Association’s 2014 Bicycle Travel Video Contest on Vimeo, which celebrates the beauty and spirit of bicycle travel through videos shot around the world by amateur videographers traveling by bike.
- June 24, 2014
- Adventure Cycling Campaign Raises Over $160,000 for U.S. Bicycle Route System
Missoula, Montana, June 24, 2014 — Adventure Cycling Association's fifth annual Build It. Bike It. Be a Part of It. campaign raised more than $160,000 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System (USBRS) during National Bike Month (May 2014).
Adventure Cycling Association depends on a highly productive and creative staff to accomplish the multifaceted programming and services that we offer in support of America's traveling cyclists.
- Membership Marketing Coordinator
Adventure Cycling Association seeks an energetic, well-organized, and detail-oriented person to fill the role of Membership Marketing Coordinator in the Membership Department. This is a unique opportunity for a self-starter with initiative to join a growing membership program. We seek a team player, with a marketing background with an enthusiasm for cycling and bicycle travel. The position is based at Adventure Cycling’s headquarters in beautiful and bike-friendly Missoula, Montana.
- Read More
- Development Director
Adventure Cycling Association seeks an energetic, well-organized, and goal-oriented person to serve as our leader on development and fundraising. This is a unique opportunity to grow the resource base for North America’s largest bicycling membership group, at a time when our members and donors are becoming more supportive than ever of Adventure Cycling’s mission and project work. We seek a team player who loves to raise (and help others raise) financial resources for good causes – in our case, bicycling and bicycle travel. The position is based at Adventure Cycling's headquarters in beautiful and bike-friendly Missoula, Montana.
- Read More
- Communications Director
Adventure Cycling Association seeks a creative, well organized, and detail-oriented person to fill the role of Communications Director. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a self-starter with initiative to boost the profile of Adventure Cycling and bike travel nationally and even globally. The ideal candidate will be a team player with outstanding project management skills who works well in a fast-paced environment, meets deadlines and works well under pressure. The candidate will also be creative in brand development and application, as well as public relations. We are looking for individuals who have experience in public relations, marketing, video production, and experience with strategy and management of websites, social-media channels, and e-communications, as well as an enthusiasm for cycling and bicycle travel. The position is based at Adventure Cycling’s headquarters in beautiful and bike-friendly Missoula, Montana.
- Read More
- Become a Tour Leader
Adventure Cycling Association’s tours department is always searching for energetic, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced tour leaders and staff for all of our tour offerings. Do you have what it takes to become one of our expert tour leaders?
- Read More
As a nonprofit organization, Adventure Cycling Association's mission is to inspire and empower people to travel by bicycle. Established in 1973 as Bikecentennial, we are the premier bicycle-travel organization in North America with more than 35 years of experience and 47,000 members.
New to Adventure Cycling? Get a free info packet and we'll throw in a cool tube sticker too!